429 W. Sixth St. (506 S. Walnut St.)
Street number prior to 1925: 450 Walnut

It is unclear exactly when James Buck and his wife first built a house on the "s. e. corner Walnut and 6th" but they purchased the property in 1857. A house did exist on this site by 1867 and the Bucks lived in it. At that time the only houses on this block were the Buck's on this corner and Anton Karls' home on the northwest corner of Fifth and Elm.

By 1983 the Bucks built the house that eventually became a two family home and they lived there until James died in 1909. Other residents included Charles S. Phelps (1884), Richard D. Creach (1889), Frank F. La Rowe (1892), Miss Augusta Nichols, Susan Buck's sister, George H. Peerenboom (1893), Eugene G. Mayer and Mary Steffen (1896) and Patrick H. Ryan (1897-1898.)

Dr. Earl McGrath was the resident from 1920-1947.

The September 4, 1970 issue of the Appleton Post Crescent reported the Outagamie County Board's Special Building Committee approved the purchase of six lots, including five homes, fronting Fifth, Sixth and Walnut streets for a surface parking lot for about 125 cars. This was one of the homes targeted for demolition. The article also stated that a proposal to use a large section of the courthouse lawn as a parking lot drew "heavy fire."

In August of 1971 the Committee "approved continue negotiations for property at 429 W. Sixth St., across from the courthouse, for future use as off-street parking," according to an article in the Appleton Post Crescent. At that time the home was an apartment house.

This home appeared on the 1994 Old Third Ward walking tour and was razed sometime after that. The site is now surface parking for Outagamie County.