525 W. Fifth St.
Street number prior to 1925: 987 Fifth

The Casey family occupied this Gothic Revival Cottage in 1896: Patrick, James, and Patrick Jr.. Real estate records put the date of construction as 1891.

Early Sanborn Fire Insurance maps identify this as the home of dressmaker Mrs. Mary J. Barry. She lived here in 1893 with John. The previous year Ella, John and Philip Barry were the residents. From 1897-1898 Jennie and John Bushey lived here.

Built on the west edge of the ravine that cut Fifth St., it would have overlooked the neighborhood landfill and dump.

The resident in 1925 was Oscar C. Ballinger.